Love is not always to give to someone else. Self-love and self-care is sometimes of utmost important. Self-care doesn’t only include caring and looking after your skin and outer appearance but is also an exercise on how to take care of yourself mentally. One of the most important skill we can have is knowing how to take care of our self.
Knowing how to take care of yourself goes a long way which not only helps you but also helps the people around you. It is a good exercise that changes your perspective of yourself and the world around you.
The point here is if you can’t yourself be happy, you can’t make others happy.
NOW, WHY SELF-CARE?
- Makes one happy: Taking better care of yourself helps you to be happy. It keeps your moods elevated and prevents souring of them. You know how much effort you have put into yourselves so it will be very hard to let it dampen by another person.
- Makes one look attractive: Self-care, obviously, including taking care of how you look. Be it the blemishes on the skin or the way you dress. A little inspection of how your skin looks and how you dress wouldn’t hurt anyone. Everyone wants to look attractive and charming.
- Unburden oneself: This practice also includes talking about what you are facing in life. Any hurdle and challenges will become a stymie and so to avoid them, it is best to talk it out. Talking to someone or even a simple exercise of Journaling also helps in making yourselves feel lighter.
- Distract yourself with a good vibe: It is very important to distract oneself when the work is starting to become a major pain itself. It is better to go out on a walk, exercise, do some stretching, read a book, Google some inspiring quotes, and look into some self-care ideas. The list will never end but finding a distraction that suits you is the best way to proceed ahead.
Since we all are stuck in our homes, it is the best time to practice some of these self-care ideas and implement them in your life making your life as iridescent as possible. Take into account some of these self-care ideas. let’s start with some inspiring quotes regarding why and how to take care of yourself mentally.
“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.”
“Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”
“Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF: SOME SELF-CARE IDEAS
- Respect yourself: No matter who you are and what you are going through in your life but remember one thing, you have done a lot of things that you should be proud of. So keep reminding yourself of all the achievements of your life. As we know ourselves way way better than anybody else, we are aware of all our failures and shortcomings and sometimes we judge ourselves too harshly. It is extremely important in these times to focus on positive aspects of our life.
- Do exercise and meditation: Exercise and meditation has to become an integral part of our life, as it offers so much. Exercise is important for the healthy lifestyle and it will improve your looks or so to say is the only real way to look better. And meditation can provide an escape from our hectic and busy life and instill some calm in our life. https://www.flip2change.com/what-is-meditation-and-why-it-deserves-to-be-part-of-our-routine/
- Read: Reading is one extremely important thing that was meant to be an essential part of life which is now replaced by Xbox. It is true that we are more amused and attracted by tvs etc, but only reading can give us space for boundless imagination and discoveries. So give it a try.
- Say No: Say no when it is necessary. Don’t say yes for something that will harm you or you are not interested in just for people to like you or to be extra polite. Doing this will give you unnecessary headache for the least and in the worst case you may end up miserable and hating yourself.
- Get out of any toxic relationship: One thing that we should be extra careful is who we make friends and be in relationship with. A friend or a lover can harm you worse than a worst enemy. Once you have made friends you can’t take it back. You know the person is dangerous or not good for you but you still love them. So be choosy.
- Dance: There is no better exercise than dancing. The best way to make yourself happy is to dance all your frustration out. Choose a lively song with an upbeat intro. It is best to steer clear of the sad song albeit it is favorite, stay away!
- Write: Writing your anger and frustration and then burning that piece of paper helps in a cathartic way. It helps one to relieve their tensions knowing the best they can do is this without harming the other person.
- Know your weaknesses: Play twenty questions with yourself and get to know who you really are as a person. It is the best exercise out in the manual for getting answers to how to take care of yourself mentally.
- Say sorry: If you lashed out on another person because of your foul mood, it is best to say sorry alone. No need to give an excuse on why you were upset. A simple sorry goes a long way. It is almost therapeutic, saying sorry
- Go for a new look: The best way that you can take care of yourself is to change yourself. Changing your personality is a difficult task and takes a long time. But a change in your appearances like your haircut or getting a new shirt or wardrobe helps make a small dent in a crater of a task.
- Look at memes: There is nothing funnier out there than memes. Memes instantaneously make every day, seemingly normal things funny.
- Eat mindfully: There is nothing more rewarding than knowing that you put something healthy and nourishing in your body. Your body feels like a well-oiled machine when you put the right type of food.
- Also, go out and eat with your friends: Eating god is awesome but eating burgers wth your close friends amidst an amiable environment with laughter and happy memories floating through.
- Lookout at the clouds: there is nothing more calming than looking at the clouds floating in the sky.
- Rest: No matter how much work pressure is, take time out to rest and relax. You can’t burn yourself up just to meet a deadline too often. It will be bad for your health and eventually work.
Yes, these might be easy fixes but regularly checking into yourself and doing all these things really helps you in the long run. Consider these as the same as brushing your teeth. a simple, mundane, and easy habit which is imperative.
Learning how to take care of yourself is the best thing to learn. If you are happy and confident you will make others happy.
Be kind. Always. Stay Happy.